In recognition of the many blessings and gifts we have received through the teachings of our various traditions and in the spirit of love and fellowship that are at the heart of them all, a group of representatives from different faith communities met on December 10, 2010 to develop a network to promote understanding and co-operation.
Squamish Multifaith Association was incorporated in August 2011. Open to all persons who share the association’s goals, we strive to build bridges of understanding, as we engage in community dialogue and collaboration with other groups on areas of mutual interest.
- Promote interfaith and multi-faith dialogue and understanding.
- Provide information and resources on world religions to the community.
- Cooperate with other agencies and organizations to promote initiatives that contribute to the common good, in particular those that address poverty, peace and care for the environment.
- Encourage all people of faith to collaborate on vital community programs, particularly those that provide support and advocacy for marginalized citizens or groups and foster the wellbeing of the community as a whole.
- Conduct public and private gatherings of a religious and spiritual nature.
Our membership includes people of all the major faith traditions and is open to all who want to promote the goals of the association.